Good Hair, Good Mood | Denver Wedding Hair | Wedding Updo Specialist
Good Hair, Good Mood.
Nothing beats getting up in the morning looking like you're put together with washed and styled hair. Our hair is one of our most valuable accessories, it's the crown that goes with us everywhere!
Bad hair days - let's be honest, we've all had them, and although it is impossible to avoid them, there are some quick and easy tips to help make your hair cooperate.... well most of the time.
Below you will find some of the best hair tips that no one has ever told you.
1. Never use a brush on wet hair. When your hair is wet, it is weak, delicate, and more prone to breakage. Try sticking to a wide tooth comb, or one of my favorites - the wet detangling hair comb or brush. Bye Bye breakage!
2. Instead of using a towel to dry your hair, try using a t-shirt, especially if you've got the curls! A cotton t-shirt absorbs the water without any excess friction, unlike a towel that can cause unwanted frizz and breakage.
3. DRY SHAMPOO- probably one of my all time favorite products. This product not only absorbs the unwanted oil of your hair, but can also help give it some extra body, even if it is clean and freshly styled.
4. Use a heat protectant. Yes I understand it is another step added into your already hectic morning routine, but it is necessary, and here is why. When you use a heat protectant before styling your hair with hot tools, you are protecting the hair follicle by coating the hair. This coat becomes a great protection not only against the thermal damage, but can also help create a healthier looking appearance.
5. When applying a hair serum or oil, avoid your roots and just stick to the ends of the hair. Applying product to just your ends will help smooth out the dry splits, and avoid creating an oily look up top.
6. For blondes, to help reduce unwanted golden or brassy tones, use a silver or purple based shampoo. In the color world blue counteracts orange tones and purple counteracts yellow tones. Most of my lighters blondes love the purple shampoo, myself included!
7. Ever had trouble with bobby pins slipping out of the hair? The textured side of the pin is actually the side that should go down and rest on your head for maximum hold.
8. At home hair treatments. There are some wonderful hair masks and treatments available for purchase in your local salons, but one of my favorites is plain coconut oil. Apply the oil on damp hair and let it sit for atleast 30 minutes before rinsing it out. Coconut oil masks will penetrate the hair shaft to help mosturize and repair the hair from the inside out.
In case you wanted something more professional based, the Moroccan Oil hair line has some amazing products!
9. Are your roots growing out too quickly leaving you with grey or natural color peaking through? Try using a color mascara or drugstore eyeshadow to blend in your base color until your next salon visit.
10. As spring and summer are quickly approaching, before a swim rub your hair down with coconut oil or a leave in conditioner. This is more so for the blondes or lighter hair colors, but will help create a barrier between the chlorine and your color. No one likes green hair!